Sunday, February 5, 2012

And Where Is My Jet-Pack???

Sometimes I wish all that futuristic sci-fi stuff that was dreamed up back in the '60s actually came true.  Yeah, jet-packs would be pretty cool, but mostly I'm talking about food coming in pill form.

I have been working on improving my emotional relationship with food.  I have made great strides (more on that later, if anyone is interested) but the one downfall is I struggle with figuring out what to eat now.

I was at the grocery store on Friday.  I had two meals to plan: my parents were going to be over for supper on Saturday and the hubbster was home for supper tonight for the only time in two weeks.  That was no problem, I love to cook for others.  I found two recipes that looked good, and decided which to make on which night based on my dad's and my husband's likes and dislikes.  Before I left home, I made up my grocery list with the things I'd need for both meals, and then at the bottom of the list I added "my lunches"

I wandered all the way around that grocery store three full times.  I could NOT figure out what the heck I wanted for my next few lunches.  And at that point I realized my life would really be easier if food came in pill form and I didn't have to think about it. 

And I want a jet-pack.

But I do not want to have to wear a shiny silver track suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment