Friday, January 27, 2012

The Secret Club

Trying new foods.  Specifically new produce.  Yeah yeah it's good and good for you and blah blah blah, but do you know what my favorite part is?  My very most favoritest part?

When you plop something down on that (potentially rather nasty) conveyer belt at the checkout counter in the grocery store, and the cashier has no freaking clue what you are buying... that makes me feel superior. 

Wait, am I a hipster?  Oh lordie.

But anyway, my point is that there are certain things cashiers always know.  If you go into a grocery store and buy bananas and your cashier has to look up the PLU, he is either brand new to the job, or mentally handicapped.  Or both. 

I will go to my grave knowing that the PLU for bananas is 4011.  And I haven't been a cashier for nearly 15 years now. 

But I went to the store and bought an Asian Pear.  It had no little cheat-sheet sticker on it.  Cashier was clueless, she finally had to ask me what it was because she couldn't figure it out. 

And I felt superior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment